Front protective layer of CRT coming off

Status
Not open for further replies.

chilln_1ce

Beta member
Basically I must have used some detergent to clean my CRT screen at some point and there are now gaps which look like scratch marks (they're not) where you can see a layer of the screen probably the anti-refrelective layer has come off. Anyway, my question is, is there any special liquid I can buy to redo this protective layer or otherwise is there anything I can use to fully scrub this front layer off?

hahaha...haha......ha... sorry just too funny, I always wondered what would happen if I did that, cause you know they tell you not to do that. Perhaps you can try a brillo pad to get it off..... ooooo oooo I know Sand paper.

Hey, hey now lets not assume it was actually me who did it :p I'm just trying to clean up after the mess my parents made ...

Oh and Sand Paper sounds good :D ... any other ideas?

I needed a good laugh though.... I don't know maybe try some like windex cleaner, you could try polish if you run out of cleaners to try. Other then that, crts are cheap so use it as an excuse to get them to upgrade. If your parents are like mine they're still using something you built in the 90's.

They sell car polishes in any automotive store, I don't think it would end up with the greatest results, but maybe better then it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom