my cd drive just stopped reading help

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullmetal16

Solid State Member
my cd drive just stopped working for no reason. its in a brand new computer i put together myself. the first one that came with it didnt work at all then i put in a diff one that i had and it worked until i booted the computer again then it just stopped reading the cd. i checked the jumpers and stuff. wat could be wrong. might it not be compatible with something? maybe i need new firmware? HELP!!!

mmkay. i thought that firmware came with a cd drive could it not be compatible with my mobo or something owell.

Did you look in device manager and see if it alright in there.try to uninstall the cd rom and reboot.It may fix itself ...Mabey

do you even see your cd drive in my computer? if you dont, then you will need to head to the registry...let me know if you dont and i will tell you the 2 keys to delete

o and i have another problem. i cant connect to the internet. i set it up using the new connection wizard and it says its set up but then when i hook it up the back just blinks orange instead of green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom