motherboard final

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggjoee5790

In Runtime
ive decided on all my components.. but i decided to get a better mobo. i want one that will be able to upgrade to dual core. ok.. it needs to be an AMD board.. it needs to have pci and pci express slots, agp not needed. it needs to be able to use an ATA100 hard drive, it has to accept DDR400 (PC3200) ram.. also it should have 4 ram slots with max 4gb.. i think thats everything. i believe asus makes a board that fits these specs but im not sure of the model.. o yea it also has to cost around $150

You could just go on newegg and search for it. I just got a DFI Ultra-D lanparty mobo and i already like it. I believe it uses ATA100 but im not sure. Its one of the best socket 939 motherboards out on the market today and it only costs $130.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131530

thats what i found.. it seems to meet my needs. is this capable of running a dual core processor.. because if i want to upgrade processor in the future.. i dont want to have to get a new mobo. do you think this is a quality one? if not what are other suggestions? also it only has 1 pci e slot at 16x. will i need anymore? it seems to have another but not the same speed ( its 4x instead of 16x)

That one would be ok, it would do what you wanted it to do. I would still recommend the DFI because it is built with high quailty components and they have a very good forum www.dfi-street.com. That right there is one of the main reasons i bought this board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136152 The other pcie slots like the 4x will be used for other cards and such. I believe the new physx card will be 4x.

i dont think those mobos have support for amd dual core.. they support athlon 64, athlon 64fx.. but not the dual core X2

lol, i didnt notice that. I think they will still use them because i beleive ive read about people with that setup. I have an opteron 148 in my DFI and those are not technically supported by DFI. So if something goes wrong......im f*cked. I dont have much experience with Asus mobos but they must be ok since quite a few people here own them.

thanks for your opinion.. my systems complete.. now to make the order.. i cant wait to put this thing together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom