Build it and it will work....

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamjero

Solid State Member
Im a first time PC builder and this is where Im at....

I powered it up nad nothing caught on fire so thats good. The bad news is nothing else happened except for a red LED labled LED1 near the BIOS battery lit up. It was really bright and pretty but not exactly the result I was hoping for. I didnt have any floppys inserted or anything. Also, how am I supposed to insert a CD ROM if I cant get to to run the POST ceheck?

Here is what Im working with:

Abit NF7-S v2.0 nVIDIA
Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton"
WD IDE 80G 7200RPM 8M Cashe (Serillel2 SATA converter)
ATI Radeon 9200 128M AGP8X
Premium 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz
Sony 1.44Mb floppy drive
52X32X52 CD RW
G4 Atlas ATX-Midi case
TR2-M2 A4002D ThermaltakeCPUfan
5 case fansDF1208SM
@-Power 430W PSU EP-43057

OK scratch that in the midst of my excitement I forgot to press the power button on the front of the case.

Please bear with me.

Moving right along...

I pressed the power button on the front of the case and a green LED came on right next to the red LED, the fans came on and the speaker in the case beeped repetedly. Nothing came up on the monitor. I inserted the CD that came with the mobo, restarted, and still nothing happened except for the beeping.

I havent had a chance to. This is the first time I have pluged it in and turned it on.

According to the beep guide... "A Long(Beep) continuous - DRAM isn't inserted correctly"

Ok I just plugged my RAM into DIMM1 and got the same beep.

It sounds to me that I may have either some incompatable or busted RAM. I bought generic RAM and I guess this is the price I pay. Hopefully Tigerdirect has good return policys.

Hopefully, it isnt the CPU. Im as sure as I can be that I installed it correctly. It is ZIF and all you do is lift the little lever, set it in (the pins are right beacuse it wouldnt go in any other way), and push the little lever down.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Check with ABIT's website for ram compatibility with their Mobo's, Nvidia Nforce chipsets are picky about which ram they use.

Have you got the fan on the CPU the right way round. there is only one way to fit it. If it is on the wrong way round it fries the CPU.....yes I am talking from experience here on my first home build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom