Upgrading an HP 6475Z..will these parts work/fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computerfreak14

In Runtime
well i have this pc..an HP 6475Z..heres the specsSpec of HP 6475Z

And for christmas/ birthday i was thinking doing some more upgrading..this is what i already did
Upgraded parts-
Screen-15in LCD
Operating system-installed Windows XP PRO

But im not sure if this case will work?

Dynex ATX Mid- tower case

im also going to ask for a 80 gig internal HD
Also a stick of 256MB of memory..either from bestbuy/circuit city
**Its not goin to be a gaming pc as you can tell just a basic/ fast music and internet pc for my room..any help suggestions..THANKS SO MUCH steve :D

okay i see what you mean about the motherboard....my dads just goin there to get some gifts so i just said go to bestbuy..but if i cant find a case then i dont think theres any use to upgrade casue the case that it came in it ugly and staind..this is just for christmas i couldnt think of anything for birthday/christmas

Do you think i should get a bigger HD..because it came with like a 15 gig and running windows xp pro with only 96MB of ram its like a drag..im just doin this for my lil sis for xmas..i would also like to put atleast 256 in it ..she'll just use it for aim..downloading music and internet..no gaming,,...would it be worth it to do a HD and mem upgrade..just to squezee some life out of it..thanks:cool:

true..but i just looked at the hp and im just lettin you know i didnt buy it ..my friends gave it to meso i just took it..but im not sure if you know this but do these Hp's come with Asus motherboards anda coolmaster fan..im not sure if my friend upgraded it..i gotta see

I don't want to dissapoint you, but it would basically be pointless to upgrade this machine. You'll need more hard drive and memory, but that CPU is so old, and with the proprietaryness of the old HP machine, I would doubt it's ability to support it. I don't know what your gift budget is, but I'd say scratch the upgrading of this old one and look at a new budget PC. there are lots of decent ones out now for arount $500. Especially if you've already got a newish monitor. Then if you want to add on later, it'll be easy to put in an extra hard drive, another stick of memory, etc.

You can get a good value. I'd recomend looking for something with an AMD 64,or for even cheaper some of the new Semprons are coming out in 64 bit, and at least 512mb RAM. A good example is the eMachines T6412 at $499. If your dad will be shopping at Best Buy or Circuit City, Some other ideas are Compaq Presario (SR1630NX) at $529.99 or the HP Pavilion (A1210N) at $549. I say, have your dad get a budget machine and pull out the hard drive from the old machine and set it up as a slave on the new one so she can still access her files.

I don't know about your's, but my Compaq (made by HP) contains a standard mATX Mother board. So, I can use any case that will accept mATX MoBos. I'll check yours out for you and see if you can gte a case. Like said, your pc is old. I'd save rather than upgrade. Then, do a new build and pass that pc on to someone else in your family, or sell it for some of your money back. You can do a pretty good build (if you keep the Monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc.) for under $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom