Audio Programmer - Rockstar Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

R*Recruiting

Beta member
ROCKSTAR SAN DIEGO crafts premier games for next-gen consoles. As one of the largest developers in San Diego, we've finished more than 13 published titles in the last 5 years alone -- most recently Red Dead Revolver and Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition.

We're hiring talented people who are as dedicated to fun as we are. Come work and play in the sun at our beautiful facility only 5 minutes from the surf.

Job Title:
Audio Programmer

Job Description:
Rockstar San Diego is looking for an Audio Programmer whose primary role will be the future development and maintenance of cross-platform audio systems and tools, to fulfill the functional and technical requirements of the entire studio for the next generation of game consoles. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a solid audio software background and a strong desire to apply this knowledge to the games industry.

This stimulating and exhilarating role requires a dynamic approach to supporting multiple game development teams both internally and externally.

Necessary:
• Desire to advance the next generation of videogame audio.
• Demonstrated proficiency in C, C++ and optionally .NET, with at least 3 years professional experience.
• Solid understanding of audio signal processing – mixing, sample rates, data compression, filters, reverbs, 3D positional audio, etc.
• Good math skills, including trigonometry and vector math.
• Self motivated, with strong verbal and written communication skills.

Desirable:
• Experience writing, porting, and/or optimizing perceptual audio codecs (MP3, Ogg Vorbis, etc.)
• A background in music, or understanding of musical structure and composition although not required, may be beneficial.
• Games industry experience, or a passion for playing videogames.

To Apply:

HR@rockstarsandiego.com

Rockstar San Diego
2200 Faraday Avenue
Suite 200
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Attn: HR

http://www.rockstarsandiego.com

why looking here??? lol, is this forum that good haha. Why not try one of the major employee/employer search sites, like dice?

hrm, I was thinking the same thing. It seems unprofessional to post job ads here, but I may be wrong. Maybe he didnt care to look around, and just posted.

Well... there are a lot of knowledgeable people here....

I think the guy's legit. What's he got to gain out of it if it's fake?

I am afraid this guy just spammed on every site that looked remotly like it could help. This forum has mostly kids on it, so I dont think it would help him any :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom