is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggjoee5790

In Runtime
i was talkin to a guy in a computer store today. i told him i was planning on getting the eVGA 6800GS. he said that i shouldnt beacuse they overheat.. after about 3 hours of use, it will start lagging.. is this true? he said i would have to replace the heatsink on it. he recomended i get a X800 i dont remember if it was an x800xt or whatever but its similar in price to the 6800GS. do you think this is true? what should i do? they are both 256 mb

He could be concluding that based on a single bad experience, or there could be some kind of competition going on to see who can sell the most X800's, who knows. Is it possible? Absolutely. But I highly doubt it's just that simple for each and every 6800GS. The thing has a warranty on it, and if it only takes 3hrs of use to see any gameplay issues w/it, I think it would be safe to say the warranty would cover it

so which do you think is a better choice? the 6800GS or the X800?
the price is pretty much the same so i need an opinion on performance and stuff

I believe that guy was either basing his recommendation on his personal experience, or he's a serious ATI fanboy. The 6800GS absolutely kills the X800. You can talk to beedubaya about his luck with the X800, and it isn't pretty. There is no question which card you should get. The 6800GS is the better card at a better price.
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1882188,00.asp
That has all the benchmarks :).

Yea np, i was tricked by some jackass at circuit city. Bought my X700 Pro for $175 a couple of months ago, back when i was a computer noob :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom