What 2x1GB kit should I get? DDR400

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol - the money isn't an issue. Not trying to sound snobby. I just want the best OCing board to get the 4400+ to 4800+ speeds or higher. STABLE

I just can't see spending $788 on the 4800+ when the 4400+ has the same cache size and can by OC'ed witht he right RAM, MOBO & PSU, to the same speeds or higher as the 4800+

I'd rather spend $500 on the CPU & $250 on the RAM then spending $750+ on just a CPU. It makes a lot of sense to me.

Like I said, "The money isn't the issue." I've banked over $4000 just fo rmy next build." I'm probably not going to spend that much, but I want to make sure that I get the best of the best." This will be my last Gaming PC for a long time." I'll rebuild my current PC to be more of a "Multimedia PC" so my many focus on my next build is just RAW gaming..."

Have you considered an Opteron? You can get a 165 for like $300 and it's basically the same core as the Toledo on the 4400+...the 165 runs at 1.8Ghz, the 4800+ runs at 2.4GHz, 2.6Ghz is about where Opterons normally cap so you could save even more money and easily get an Opteron

Furthermore, they're built for better stress intensity and generally have a higher quality of fabrication which = better memory controller

gaara said:
Have you considered an Opteron? You can get a 165 for like $300 and it's basically the same core as the Toledo on the 4400+...the 165 runs at 1.8Ghz, the 4800+ runs at 2.4GHz, 2.6Ghz is about where Opterons normally cap so you could save even more money and easily get an Opteron

Furthermore, they're built for better stress intensity and generally have a higher quality of fabrication which = better memory controller

I would consider the Opteron. Although i'm kinda stick on the promise of Dual Core. Would a Dual Core Opteron OC well?

Is the 165 Dual Core?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231032

i bought these, great :D i bought them for 207 last week and last last week they were lke 237. Most people get around 260-270ish especially with a DFI mobo you will be able to get maybe higher. I still havent tried it on my DFI mobo because i downloaded the faulty nvidia drivers and it busted my whole hdd up. so i had to do a reformat and im still burning them in so im probably going to start tomorrow for OC'ing :D my new opteron 170 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom