Radeon X1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majik

Solid State Member
Guy bought this video card last week. See this, the connecting part on the video card does not stick in the mother board. Guy said the man running things said that he should of bought a bigger power box. See this, the power box is the same watt as the one the guy has already. The man running things said that watt doesnt matter, guy needed more rails on the power box. See this, guy buys the power box and the video card still doesnt work. Do you know that this man should do? Does this man need a bigger power box? Much respect.

lol, powerbox.....

Ok which part of your computer does not connect correctly?

Is your card PCI-E or AGP? If you board is AGP and you bought a PCI-E card, its not gonna fit.

If you mean the connector to your video card itself for power, then that should come from your Power Supply (powerbox). If you don't have a powersupply that has plugs for video cards (probably the 4-pin molex plugs or the newer ones).

If you don't already have a good powersupply then you should buy a GOOD one, like an Antec Tru power, or some other high wattage PSU with good ratings.

Checked out this mans package for the power box. It says "Antec TrueControl II 550". Guy the wire from the video card is plugged into the power box. See this, the video card has a pci-e plug and the mother board has a pci-e plug, so I don't see the beef. Guy running things turned on this man's computer, and everything was good until this guy noticed that the video card wasn't plugged into the computer. See this, guy running things said the problem is that this man's power box doesn't have enough rails. But here's the low down... Guy can't find a power box with more rails than the one he has now.

ok someone seriously needs to speak in english

and somewhere in this story there is some seriously bad crack

whoever is telling the guy he needs more rails doesnt know shit about computer, Im running a 60 dollar psu with a 7800gt and it runs fine and i only have 20amps on the 12volt rail

Guy I don't understand what you are saying in the first 2 lines. See this, man running things owns the store. Same cat who is bulding this guy's computer. Guy said the reason the video card won't plug in is because the power box doesn't have enough rails. By the way, what is rails exactly. And why does this man need to keep buying them just to plug the card. This man doesn't understand this. Respect to comptech for looking out.

Guy I'm trying as hard as I can. English isn't my first language. See this, is my english really that hard to understand. Guy the video card is "ATI Radeon X1800 XT PCI-E 256 MB 256-bit". See this, the problem is that the guy running things can't plug the video card into the pci-e plug on the motherboard. This man said the reason is because the power box doesn't have enough rails. Guy has the best power box on the market. This is why this man doesn't understand why he needs to buy more rails for this man's power box. See this, I am trying to speak english as clear as I can.

What is your first language? If It's French I can help you out (I doubt it's french though lol) anyway, do you mean the video card doesn't physically fit in the motherboard or when you boot the computer doesn't show anything on the monitor.

That "PowerBox" is powerful enouph. It has 38 amps on the 12V rails. The number of rails doesn't matter; they just make it easier to make the voltage more stable.

If your motherboard is AGP, that card will not fit in the slot. It is a PCI Express card and will only plug in a PCI Express slot.

You must also plug in the 6 pin PCI Express power connector directly into the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom