how to bypass university firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Beta member
Kazaa is block here in the university? how do i bypass the university firewall?, for me to be able to connect to the kazaa or p2p

Use an anonymizer. *Doesn't roll off the tounge right, hm...*

Search google for one...You'll be good...

Actually, I have a similar question i think is related. I can't get msn messenger to run on the computers @ my university (UofT). It works on some computers after you log on to hotmail. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanx

Do you mean the MSN Messenger program will not run, or it just won't sign in? Do the computers connect through a proxy, if so, maybe it's just a matter of entering your proxy server settings in messenger.

No, msn messenger will not run. You can try to download it but then you will get a sign saying you don't have permission to do that. Does that help?

benny> the computers may have protection software that prevent your from installing software.

ie: Foolproof

I know they have some sort of protection, but want to find a way around that as other computers have msn messenger on b/c they figured out how. Can u help?

Does the protection prevent you from downloading, installing or both? If you can't download it from within the university, try downloading it somewhere else and buring it to a cd. If you can't install it, you may be able to use a registry tweaking program to enable install permissions. Try RegTick available here: http://www.boostware.com/os/windows/regtick_pro.html
Hope something here helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom