What 2x1GB kit should I get? DDR400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno, I haven't seen any 1GB BH-5 modules so I don't think so...but I might be wrong...that said 1GB BH-5s wouldn't yield as good of results as 512MB modules as they'd need more voltage in the first place to sustain the 2-2-2 timings

I haven't really looked into 1GB modules to be honest

WEll i know about the voltage so thats why i was thinking BH-5s for 1gig modules. Correct me if im wrong but i was under the impression that the BH-5s took more voltage than anything else.

WEll i know about the voltage so thats why i was thinking BH-5s for 1gig modules. Correct me if im wrong but i was under the impression that the BH-5s took more voltage than anything else.
Well yeah you're right...but what I'm saying is 1GB modules need more vdimm fed to them in the first place...512MB BH-5 chips already need around 3.1v to run 2-2-2 timings DDR400 so no doubt 1GB modules would need even more vdimm given meaning you have a smaller vdimm headroom for overclocks

I actually didn't order any of the parts today. I was too busy at work. But, i'm going to order something tomorrow. Should I go with the tried and true DFI UT Lanprty SLI-DR? I'm not thinking about SLI right now, but may-be down the road if UT2007 shows improvement with SLI, i'll pick up another 7800GTX.

I might just go with the first GSKILL I linked.

My main concern really is getting the X2 4400+ to 4800+ speeds and possibly beyond, which I hear is possible.

I was going to wait awhile longer to build, but my X800XT PE is crapping the bed as we speak and i'm not buying antoher AGP card now.

Well, i'm not interested in SLI now, but may-be somewhere down the road. "gaara - shakes his head" lol.

My main concern is OCin' the X2 4400+

You could buy the regular Ultra-D and then mod it too allow SLI. You would save some money doing that. I bought the 2x1gb G. Skill Extreme Series ram but i havent built the computer for it yet and thus havent tried OCing. Its cheap and has great timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom