Weird freeze problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoMike

Beta member
Okay so my computer randomly freezes while playing games, browsing, surfing and watching movies. Here's the weird part, a few months ago while trying to play some WoW between freezes and forced restarts the power went out. I waited until all returned to normal and got this message before the windows loading screen when I turned the computer on again:
CMOS checksum error - Defaults loaded
Warning! CPU has been changed or CPU ratio changed fail.
Please re-enter CPU settings in the CMOS setup and remember to save before quit.
Press F8 to enable system configuration.
Press F9 to select booting device after post.
Press F1 to continue, Del to enter setup.

At first I tried to press F8, then F9 but nothing happened so I pressed F1 to continue. The computer didn't freeze that night and the day after and the day after that, I thought my problems were finally over, but then disaster happend. It froze again. Since then it has been freezing once or twice in 3 or 4 days.
I tried to do what that message said and select another booting device so I selected the CD-Rom but that got rid of the message and the computer started to freeze even more just like before, so I selected the floopy and the message returned but at least it doesn't freeze that much.
Here are my computer specs: P4 2.8 Ghz, 512 Mb RAM, NVidia FX 5200 128 VRam on a Biostar 8Mb buffer motherboard.
I ran memtest but I got 0 errors and I've also looked at the temperature after it frozed but it was normal.
I just wanna know if it's safe to throw it out the window for all the problems it cost me or if I can still fix it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I am a hardware noob and I'm also not from an english speaking country so I hope you understood my problem. Thanks again.

Have you gon into your bios and checked the settings.You might want to go into BIOS and set it to Failsafe default setting.Also it could be your Power Supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom