7800GT Overclocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PZEROFGH

Golden Master
Please post your overclocks

im just wondering if 513/1.20 is good for an eVGA 7800GT on stock cooling?

optimal is 480/1.15 but then i manual OC'ed it to that high and it wont go any higher.

I have a dud when it comes to OC'ing and can't go past 425/1070. I don't feel like RMA'ing when Im going to be building a completely new SLI system next summer.

the very best i was able to do
with eVGA card too was 530-1.25 so yeah

that was with the test in riva diabled and it was having issues running certain benchmarks. But it was fine when gaming

I have a 7800 GT, Im running it at 440/1200. I'm seeing that most of them overclock well but not all of them do especially on the core. These run much cooler though than the GeForce 6 series which is nice. I get 42*C idle and 55*C under load.

I've been gaming the heck out of my GTX with all the settings bumped up without any lag. Have you all noticed a serious difference in speed with overclocking the 7800's? I had my 6200 OCed and notice small improvements. I haven't OCed my 7800 GTX yet just because I'm getting blazing responses with the stock speeds of the GTX OC (and I don't want to void the warranty if it's not really that much of an improvement). Is the minimal performance boost worth voiding the warranty on a $600 card?

You won't notice much actual game performance. Maybe 2-5 fps AT THE MOST. Overclocking really helps your 3dMark05 score though.

How do companies know if you have overclocked? That is what I always wanted to know. They can't void your warranty if there is no proof right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom