Amd Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego ~ $334.00 - newegg.com *

Corsair XMS 2gb (2x1gb) DDR500 Dual Channel ~ $255.00 - newegg.com **

eVGA Geforce 7800GT ~ $319.00 - newegg.com ***

Antec NeoPower NeoHE 550w ~ Free - current setup psu

Lian Li PC-75B Case ~ $220.00 - newegg.com

WD Caviar 250GB sata ~ $115.00 - newegg.com

Zalman Fatal1ty FS-C77 ~ $74.99 - Frozencpu.com ****

roughly $1850.00 if i go with the fx cpu
(i plan on using pricewatch to find better prices)

* - this cpu if the fx53 doesnt go down in price when i before i buy my parts
** - unsure of this memory being compatable with mobo (still researching)
*** - might get 2 and run in sli, unsure of that as well
**** - only if i decide not to watercool

any comments? suggestions?

if ur gonna spend that much on a cpu go dual core. x2 3800 or 4200. but why dont u just upgrade the crap out of the system you have.get a sli mobo and 1 more gig of kingston. 2 geforce 7800gt's and a sli psu and ur set.no need to spend all that money on a new system all together.

yeah timmer is right, get like a DFI NF4 SLI-DR mobo then a X2 4400+ processor with a decent 7800GTX and another 1GB of ram or you could get a new set sense 4*512 isnt very ideal.

well then that is just buying a whole new system eh?

im not gonna upgrade the stuff i have now, cause once i build that system... my wife is gonna get this computer...

edit: and theres no way in hell im gonna buy a DFI board...

TSXmike said:
edit: and theres no way in hell im gonna buy a DFI board...
So your gonna pay expensive prices for overclockable memory yet your against buying the best overclocking motherboard which is roughly the same price as the abit one.....nice

Its his money and he doesnt like your guys thought which are true than let him spend the extra money.But why would you be chosing between a fx53 and 4000+ which are like twice the price, no question that you should get a dual core maybe not the fx-53 cuase there is no reason.plus a 7800 gtx would be a good match with fx53. With the sli
could you imagine dual 7800 GTX. WOW!!

weringo said:
So your gonna pay expensive prices for overclockable memory yet your against buying the best overclocking motherboard which is roughly the same price as the abit one.....nice

did you even read what i said... i still dont know if the memory is supported...

granted, DFIs board might be the best OC'er out there but where in my post did i say i was planning on extreme overclocking???

fr34ky said:
no question that you should get a dual core maybe not the fx-53 cuase there is no reason.plus a 7800 gtx would be a good match with fx53. With the sli
could you imagine dual 7800 GTX. WOW!!

im confused by what you say here.... what im getting is "get a dual core not the fx53 but the 7800gtx would be a good match with the fx53."

:umm:

IF you want your computer to last for a while then get a dual core processor, because engines are being optimized for dual core cpus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom