Not casemod..but Monitor mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4x3r

AKA ComatoseClown
Hey guys..my ATI Radeon 9600pro has dual outs...one VGA and one RCA...i don't have any spare tv's laying around to connect as my second tv...but i have a ton of monitors..so i was wondering if there is a way to convert my VGA cable on one of the old monitors to accept and RCA input...i've googled it and they have converters...but i wanna have fun with it and actually open it up and do some soldering...i'm really good with my hands and am an expert solderer..so ...is this even possible?? thanks for the help with the weird mod :D

if you reallllly want to mess with things....

i'm not too sure what your monitor looks like inside, but if you just plugged in the adaptor and just kept it all inside except the rca plug, it'd look pretty clean.

without looking at your monitor, however, i can't tell you what to solder. the problem is RCA and VGA plugs can't just be switched out on a board...they have different electrical requirements I believe.

wow--thats wat i call a electricall nightmare lol id rather buy a 10$ adapter lol but if ur good at soldering, have fun ;)

I advise you don't open up a CRT and just start soldering unless you absolutely know for a fact what you're doing...CRT capacitators can hold very large charges for very long periods of time

that actually looks cool and fun to me. i would like to get into soldering and know how to do it. my dads business does a lot of soldering like this and always sounds so interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom