Patch for dual core

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i read it, looks like he is having the same problem :)

How to force a Hardware Abstraction Layer during an upgrade or an installation of Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299340/

:confused: i'm on a new hardrive with a newly installed XP PRO on it. bleh i'll try this when i get home

i would have said the same as apokalipse. my x2 was fine when i didn't even have sp1 installed. then again i didn't look until i'd installed everything that came with my mobo which is dual core ready so maybe that added something to windows :S. still it sounds as if your mobo is only recognising one core because windows should just see it as two seperate processors which it already has support for.

yeah so i did the F5 thing and i said ACPI Multiprocesor then am i supposed to quit the setupi or do a reinstall of windows? cause i just quit :confused: i guess i'll see what bios i have

where do i figure out what bios i have? im in the bios and im checking everywhere

hmm

DFI Corp LTD
LP NF4 SERIES 1.0
nvidia nforce4 A3
nvidia nforce4 MCP
ITE 8712
Phoenix Tech. LTD
Version 6.00PG
1/25/2005

lol

i did it i did it, i didnt flash my bios, but i just downloaded the latest bios, downloaded win flash, and i sort of flahs it through windows but everytime i shut down or restart it asks to put the floppy in lol. but anyways at least there is two graphs now, time to get OC'inG :D THANKS YOU ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom