2nd opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TipsySmile

In Runtime
Hey hey, havent been here for awhile. Need some other opinions on upgrading my current system.
As you can see in my sig, I have:
AMD 64 3000 939 socket
Dfi Lan Party Ultra D mobo
1gb G skill Ram (Sold a gig of it)
eVGA 6600gt ( sold my 7800Gt for some reason)

And now that I got some extra cash Finally, I was looking at purchasing the following:

*AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939

*G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS

*XFX PVT70GUDE7 Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16

*200gb Sata HD dunno what brand??

Only have around 800 to spend @ with a maxtor harddrive it comes to 799 shipped from Newegg. So all im asking is, does that look like a good way to spend 800 dollars?

Keep in mind the extra ram, CPU, video card, HD are all going into another PC for a buddy of mine.

if i were in your positin, to save some money (never a bad thing)
id add a new hd if you need it, and another gig of memeory instede of buy 2, then up your processor 3500+ or better.

First off i would buy a eVGA 7800GT, next i would buy a seagate 120 or an 80gb hard drive. When you need the space, buy another one and RAID them together. With that saved money you could buy a 3700+. you dont really need that ram if your not going to overclock, but if you are then go for it.

If I were you, I'd stick with a gig of RAM (instead of 2), and use the extra money to buy a faster proc. (You can always add more RAM if you need it... which I doubt you will... but it's much more expensive to add extra Ghz to your proc. :) ) Otherwise it seems like a decent way to spoend $800. ... of course, for an extra 400 or so, you could build a much more impressive rig... but I hear you're not so good at saving money, so that might not be an option. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom