My New Pc Wont Work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGUUSS

Baseband Member
i just bought pretty much everything for my new pc except a graphics card. now i put everything together nicely and safely and didnt electroshock anything (or so i think) and the motherboard stand by light will not light up when i turn on the power supply. here are the following parts i have together....

thermaltake dream tower
thermaltake power supply 470w
thermaltake 120mm orb processor cooling fan
asus P5WD2 premium motherboard
intel p4 3.4 650
1gb corsair ram
dvd burner
dvd rom
and extra fans.

i read through the book that came with the asus board and plugged everything in order as it said in the book and i do not have the motherboard light turning on nor does it turn on when i press the power button. i know i have no vga card but i just wanted to power up for 1 sec just to see that everything i bought is working fine. the processor, power supply, and motherboard came sealed so i know they are brand new. any suggestions pls?

when you plug the power cable into the PSU, is there like a crackling sound ?? just make sure that you power cable has power goin through it :)

Make sure that the voltage setting on the PSU is on 115V and that the little switch on the PSU (the one with the circle and line) is in the on position.

the psu is set at 115v and when i turn on the psu i can hear almost like a spring type noise or click.

the mb and the psu connector are both for 24pin connectors. is it maybe cuz the fact i dont have a graphics card on it when im trying to power it up?? pls help me guys im desperate:(

make sure u have the atx 4pin conecter, u need that and the 20 pin to make it run...it may be the grafix card tho ps the 4pin is usually on the left side of the mobo i had that proplem :"(

well i do have the 4pin atx plugged in and the 24pin main plugged and i do have the pci-e plug just sitting not plugged into anything. could it be that i must have a graphics card in order for the mb to gain power?

i gotta wait for that lol. gotta buy a card first! im lookin to buying the ati x1800xt pci-e 512mb card from saphire from ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom