Omg help me with this keyboard/mouse problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenlingstyle

In Runtime
This is the most weird problem I have ever seen. I'm not sure what's causing it.

Yesterday I changed User Account settings to add a password to my account upon Windows XP's start-up screen. I never restarted yesterday to check if it worked and shut it off late night and went to sleep.

Today I come back and when I get to the start-up screen my keyboard and mouse won't respond. What's weird is that the keyboard works before this, as in I can get into BIOS, and start up in SAFE mode etc.

Now get the most bizzare part. When the start-up screen first appears, my mouse actually works, for about 2 seconds. But 2 seconds afterwards it won't respond.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I can't afford to lose the data on my hard drive right now...

Thanks!

are you sure the computer isnt locking up, instead of your mouse and board freezing???

try going into safemode and trying to take off the pass. Might have caused a glitch-like bug in ur os.

Hope this helps

~Joe

Thanks guys for the help. I believe I fixed it. Here's what happened. Apparently at the start-up screen, my mouse works! But the second I punch a key on the keyboard, both will stop responding! Weird eh! I was sure it wasn't the start up screen because the cursor in the password field was still blinking.

I got into safe mode and logged into administrator, which didn't require me to use the keyboard (phew). I went to control panel and uninstalled my Logitech software. That didn't help at all. So I went to the keyboard settings in control panel and it said my drivers were missing or damaged. I went to device manager and both the mouse and keyboard had an exclamation mark on them. I uninstalled the devices from there. After restarting, everything was fine again.

So there's to anyone who might encounter this in the future! Stupid Logitech!

Thanks again guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom