Antivirus: AVG or avast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zep

Baseband Member
About a month or so ago, I got rid of my (legal) Norton Antivirus...I needed a new antivirus program and a friend told me to tryout avast! it seems ok but it's not too user friendly, I was wondering if AVG was a better bet.

Thanks, comments appreciated

i've tried both and the best one of the two (and the one that i'm currently using) is avast!

I love AVG.

Simple, doesnt take a lot of resources, and best of all it doesnt have that annoying spinning icon in the tray. :D

lol Yeah, I'm aware of that avast! icon in the system tray but it doesn't bother me...

Kostas: You know when you check for viruses in avast! for me all it says at the end is a list of things it couldn't scan (usually harmless) and it doesn't really say like 'you have no viruses' or something...How the hell do I know; also, in my virus chest under the 'running processes' category I have three modules: kernel32.dll, winsock.dll and wsock32.dll are those harmful in any way? Should I erase them?

Thanks

Or you could be cool like me and get NOD32. Which is good.
I used to have AVG and I didn't rate it that much.

Avast! scored better in the newest anti-virus tests than AVG. I'd suggest that. Their community is great as well :)

I run Nod32 and set it for silent mode and uncheck "show screen on startup". you will never know that it even there

spiro said:
Or you could be cool like me and get NOD32. Which is good.
I used to have AVG and I didn't rate it that much.
I'm curious why you didn't like AVG, did you get a virus while using it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom