Hard Drive Size 250GB

Graphics ATI RADEON XPRESS 200

Video Memory Up to 256MB (shared)

Personal Video Recorder (PVR) No

TV Tuner No

MPEG Yes

Audio Built-in; 6-speaker configurable

Modem 56 Kbps*
*Capable of receiving 56 Kbps downloads. However, current regulations limit download speed to 53 Kbps.

Network Card Built-in 10/100Base-T Ethernet networking interface (RJ-45 connector)

Wireless Networking None

DVD-ROM Drive Yes

Maximum DVD-ROM Drive Speed 16x

Recordable DVD Drive Yes, double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW

Recordable DVD Drive Speeds 2.4x DVD+R DL; 16x4x16 DVD+RW; 8x4x16 DVD-RW; 40x24x40 CD-RW

LightScribe Compatibility Yes

Digital Media Reader or Slots Yes, digital media card reader

Total Expansion Bays External: 1 (3.5"), 2 (5.25"); Internal: 1 (3.5")

Available Expansion Bays External: 1 (3.5")

Total Expansion Slots 3 PCI, 1 PCI-E

Available Expansion Slots 2 PCI, 1 PCI-E

USB 2.0 Ports 7 (3 front, 4 rear)

IEEE 1394 Ports 2 (1 front, 1 rear)

S-Video Outputs None

Serial Ports None

Parallel Ports 1

Game Ports None

Keyboard Description HP multimedia

Other Control Devices (mouse, etc.) HP scroll mouse

Operating System Windows XP Media Center 2005

Software Included Microsoft Works 8.0, Money Standard 2005; Quicken 2005 New User Edition; Adobe Reader 6.0; HP Image Zone Plus; Sonic DigitalMedia Plus; muvee autoProducer; InterVideo WinDVD 5; Apple® iTunes and more

What does 256mb shared mean on a video card??

How is this for gamming?

Where am I going to see the flaws??

7439505_ra.jpg

Hewlett-Packard Pavilion Desktop with AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Processor 3800+ (Model: a1250n)

Pros:
Dual Core
Sata Harddrive
1 GB Ram

Cons:
HP brand
Built in Video
ALL STOCK ITEMS
Bad Price for what your getting

Final Line:
If you want a gaming machine, build one or get a custom one made Through a company. I personaly hate HP computers. This computer is more for buisness and work. You can get alot more for you money by going custom!

~Joe

It looks decent but the video card blows so you definately need a better one. How much will this cost you.

PS delete some of the spaces between parts. Takes up way too much room

^ Sorry I just copied and pasted it.

I want a custom of course but my mother says "no no no!" She dosn't trust anyone :(

Also she hit me with, "I want it from a retail store we can go into and walk out with a computer right there."

So for little Arkansas like this, that leaves me to Circuit City or BestBuy....

If anyone can find a better deal from those two stores with a price range of $1200 or less, well my mom said $1000 (Hence why I picked that one) but I can talk her into $1200...

Thanks!!

EDIT:: Can you build a computer in one of those stores from scratch or from a base in one of those stores? If so, what items would I be looking for on a $1000-$1200 budget?

Pretty much anything you are going to get from those stores are going to be crap for gaming. I work at office depot and I sell those heaps as "gaming machines", but they will barely even run today's games. If today's games run, you will have to run them at 640x480 lowest settings.

$1200 could get you a machine that would put a lot of ours at this forum to shame if you would just build it. But if you buy an HP, you will not only be dissapointed, you will have a PC thats totally inadequate for gaming. If you do get that, just don't try to game on it, get a console. Gaming on an HP is not going to happen.

And yes, you could get it done at a mom and pop store for slightly more than building one, but it would be worlds better than an HP. Even the highest end HPs are low-end compared to today's custom systems.

Convince her to let you build one. You can get a pretty nice rig for 1200. A lot better than buying one. If you must buy one, look at MonarchComputer. Their custom builds have pretty good prices.

Wow...If I put that much dedication into telling my mom how much they sucked..she might let me get a custom built one made....Im going to tell her everything said on here and see what she says.

Vybuni said:
Convince her to let you build one. You can get a pretty nice rig for 1200. A lot better than buying one. If you must buy one, look at MonarchComputer. Their custom builds have pretty good prices.

Yeah, do that. I had an HP before my current system. I bought it when I didn't know anything about computers. The sales associate in the store told me how great it would be for gaming. However, I soon learned that it wasn't. I went to buy a graphics card to replace the integrated graphics, and I found that the PSU was only 150W, which is not enough to support a graphics card. So I went to change the power supply, and I found out that the case was built so that only the proprietary 150W power supply would fit in it, so I could not change the PSU. Even further, the 256MB of RAM was proprietary PC2100, with the notch moved over 2 pins so you would have to use HP RAM. So basically, I was screwed, there is no way I was upgrading it. HP is not good news. Only 4 months after I bought my HP, I was already wanting to build my own.

P.S. HP sabatoges its mainstream PCs and their upgrade capability to force you to buy their mondo-expensive gaming-grade system for gaming.

Pretty much anything you are going to get from those stores are going to be crap for gaming. I work at office depot and I sell those heaps as "gaming machines", but they will barely even run today's games. If today's games run, you will have to run them at 640x480 lowest settings.

$1200 could get you a machine that would put a lot of ours at this forum to shame if you would just build it. But if you buy an HP, you will not only be dissapointed, you will have a PC thats totally inadequate for gaming. If you do get that, just don't try to game on it, get a console. Gaming on an HP is not going to happen.

And yes, you could get it done at a mom and pop store for slightly more than building one, but it would be worlds better than an HP. Even the highest end HPs are low-end compared to today's custom systems.

Hes a good mod :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom