Harddrive erased itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no unallocated space in the manage screen. Just the 128 GB. It showing the harddrive on the bios. It was a homebilt computer a couples of years old, with an ASUS P4s533 Mother board

And I used windows to format it first then I used partiton magic. But now It will not allow windows to format it again

u can try deleting the partition in disk management.You should be seeing the full amount.i checked asus's site i see no mentions of a problem like this.did u try western digitals utility?

I installed the harddrive in another computer and it read 186 gb of the 200gb. Thats actually beeter that what it read when I originally formatted it it only read 175. So I think I have to upgrade the BIOS of the motherboard or enablebiglba. Il try that and let you know if it works

Ok now Im having another problem. I cant update my Bios. Im trying to use the EZ Flash (ALT + F2)feature for the ASUS motherboard but it will not . So now im stuck there.

Absolutly nothing happens , it just continues to boot to windows xp. And I have done this over 20 times today. Yes I do have the bios update on a floppy disk already

I found out what the problem was. I spoke to a technician at ASUS and he said my board can only read up to 150Gb after its flashed . I think im just gonna get a new board Iv been wanting to for a while now. I know this is a stupid question but isthere anywhere I can take my hard drive to get the information back that I lost

You don't need to take it anywhere. once you have replaced your mobo and boot to the 80 gig drive install the 200 gig as a slave. Go to www.runtime.org and get this recovery program and your data will be salvaged!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom