A Beefy Machine from Egghead Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

climbjm

Solid State Member
Egghead is not affiliated with this in anyway, other then just just happen to be the place that I buy my parts, so this is not an advertisement.

After stitting at home awake many nights with the Flu... This is the machine that I am starting to put together.
Tell me what you think:
Machines Specs link child safe:)

I am not quite sure about the video card that I have set up though.

I would still stick with my Seagate drive though. I have never had a seagate crash on me. they have always seemed the most reliable.

I do like the power supply you had though.

The mother board ws the same.

The processor, i dont know if that tiny amount of jump is worth all that extra money.

I really liked the Graphics card, especially with it being on the PCI Exress x16 slot.

I'm putting together a dual core AMD system (4200+) for that price... much beefier. I don't know why you'd want to spend almost $1500 on a new rig and not dual core it.

climbjm said:
The processor, i dont know if that tiny amount of jump is worth all that extra money.

The X2 3800+ is dual core, your cpu is a single core... Which is quite a leap in performance, and will be an even bigger leap when game engines start to get optimized for dual core cpus(e.g Unreal 3 Engine)

If you wanted to save some money and still have 500gb of hard drive disk space, get 2 seagate 250gb drives and then RAID them together. You could use the money you saved to buy a X2 or better graphics card or whatever you want.

That one you have set up is not bad but the video card is wayyyy out of date. PCI lol. The setup in my sig cost me just under $1600 and it will kill the one you choose. You will definately want to go with a 7800gt.
Go with the raided Hard drives and save some money like thebleakness said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom