antec sonata piano black case usage with gigabyte 81875 ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello

I have got a gigabyte 81875 ultra board and an antec sonata piano black case

if i am to connect the case audio lead to the motherboard "connector" would i need to remove the links of the audio in connector on the mobo? it does seem to have 2 links on it, what happens if i just remove the links, i guess the sound wont go to the audio ports on the backplane, correct?

also on the mobo i saw a connector named game, do you guys have any idea what that is?

i also wanted to attach a second case fan, would i need to connect the 3 wire connector of this stand alone fan(antec 12 inch) i have into the pwr_fan connector of the mobo

i am using these rubbery screws to attach it to the plane behing the hard drives, the screws dont seem to be long enough, i feel the fan is going to be a bit loose

i also wanted to attach a second case fan, would i need to connect the 3 wire connector of this stand alone fan(antec 12 inch) i have into the pwr_fan connector of the mobo

a 12 inch fan!?!?!

you can get little converters that turn 3 pin into 4 pin molex.

~Joe

thanks for the replies

i guess tha gme is for getting the game connector out to the computer case, if such a possibility exists?

acttualy there are 2 connectors coming out from the fan, a 4 pin molex and a 3 pin monitoring(?) cable, i was asking about the 3 pin monitoring cable

i guess the direction of installation of the fan should be opposite that of the other case fan, correct? this way one would ensure that air is being blown in from one sirecton and blown out the other

since this second fan sites right alongside the hard drive, do you think it woudl have any impact on the life of the hard drives?

regarding the audio i had another question

along with the gigabyte 81875 ultra, came some sort of a pci plane (the metallic structure which serves as a plane on the pci backplane, dont know what we call that) which has multiple outputs

SPDIFOUT, RCI, SUB CENTER, REAR R/L

on the mobo side of things, it has 2 connectors and i suspect they go into SPDIF_IO and F_AUDIO, am i correct, in that case i guess i would have to remove the links on the F_AUDIO mobo port again, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom