Computer wont start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zupra

Solid State Member
I just bought all these new computer parts to make a new one..... (because my otherone is dead) and once I put everything together I turned it on. Every fan, light went on but then turned off after one second... I thought it was the jumpers on the hd so i changed those but that didnt help. can you please tell me whats wrong?

(I'm 13 by the way)

Try clearing the cmos first. Should be a jumper that you see on the board that says "clr cmos" move the jumper over for a bout thirty seconds and then move it back, turn aon the computer and see what happens

If not then

Take all the hard drive cables and cd cables of the board. Including any cards you may have (including video if onboard) then try it again.

What are your specs? My friend built a computer and it wouldnt start because he didnt plug in all four power connectors for stabiltiy. After that it wouldnt detect his hard drive because he had it plugged into SATA port 4 instead of 1. Like the likely lad said, clear the cmos by removing the jumper for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in. If this doesnt help ask some more questions.

My specs are

Amd 64 3700+ san Diego
Geforece 7800GT
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD
x2 512 RAM
Western Digital 80G(and a 40G but thats my old one with the OS)
Aspire 520W PSU

Actually I don't think its the cmos, because It's a brand new mobo, I got it 2 days ago

havnt tryed it yet, im at my other house on my dads laptop, can you list other things I could do too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom