update caused games to stop...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice Daddy

Fully Optimized
I just updated my computer to xp pro sp2, and I had updated to the nvidia drivers 81.89..(not the newest...

for some reason everytime I start the game it will start to play for a minute or so, then my monitor and sound turns off... but the computers lights and fans stay on...............(then I have to reset)

sooo.... I'm going to update the nvidia drivers and see if that fixes it... but it only started doing this after I installed xp pro sp2...(had xp pro)

*I'll be workin on it over the weekend...)

this is not a heating problem, and the ram checks out... (in fact, I don't think it's the hardware...)

anyone have any suggestions...

my specs are in my sig \/

Try reinstalling the Game. As in removing it fully then reinstalling it. SP2 is known to cause some problems when its installed on a unfresh version of XP.

It rarely causes problems when you install on a fresh install.

oh, sorry, forgot to mention, It's a fresh install of windows...

and I reinstalled one game twice, and another once...

I had a similar problem once. Everytime I went to play a game, the menus would work, but when I got into the game, the screen would go black and I would have to turn the computer off.

I fixed the problem by chucking in a new graphics card.

Before you do buy a new card open dxdiag and run the tests to see if its OK first. (Start > Run > dxdiag).

But it didn't have anything to do with SP2 with mine so i don't really know. Just a suggestion.

found out what it was!!

The PSU,...

if I unplug everything except for the primary hd, cd, and the video card, it works fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom