Unable to burn CDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodRevolver

Solid State Member
It started about 2 weeks ago.

Everytime I try to burn music files (mp3, wav etc) to an audio cd I keep getting a "power calibration" error in Nero and other burning programs will give me an error message.

However, I am still able to rip and burn DVDs with no problems what so ever.

I remember putting a check mark by an option called "Use less CPU power when possible" but I do not remember where to find it. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with this though.

When I insert a blank CD-R into the drive it makes a weird sound and most of the time it tells me my CD-R is full or it's not in the drive.

I'm using a Nec DVD burner 2500A. My OS is Microsoft Windows XP.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Also, where might I find this option "Use less CPU power when possible"? I want to disable it.

My dad gets the same problem using Nero. I don't have a solution though :(. I finally stopped using nero cause it would ruin so many cds in the burning process.

It's not just Nero. Any CD burning software I use fails to burn to audio CDs.

I think that option I checked a while ago may have something to do with it: "Use less CPU power when possible".

Or something very similar to that. I cannot find it.

Consider updating the programs and updating the firmware of the CD/DVD ROM.

If that doesn't fix it, then the burner, At least the CD part is going bad. Try another drive and if it works in a different drive.

Then you gotta buy a new Burner.

reboot your os and get a new copy of nero also get new drivers that fixed my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom