Dream Computer on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerfetish

Solid State Member
Okay im looking to buy this computer, i upgrading from my laptop that my sister spilt lemonade on, so here the list

CASE : Xplorer Mid-Tower Case 420W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display (Black Case w/Green Face)

CPU : (Sckt775)Intel® Pentium® 4 650 CPU w/HT Technology 3.4GHZ 800FSB 2MB Cache, 64 Bit

MOTHERBOARD : MSI P4N SLI-FI nForce4 SLI Chipset LGA775 DDR2/667 SATA RAID Dual PCIE w/7.1Audio, GbLAN, IEEE1394&USB2

MEMORY : 1GB (2x512MB) PC5300 DDR2/667 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select)

VIDEO CARD : NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GT 256MB 16X PCI Express Video Card

HARD DRIVE : 200GB Hard Drive (SATA150 - Maxtor 200GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache Hard Drive)

Optical Drive : SONY 52X CD-ROM (BLACK COLOR)

Optical Drive 2 : (Special Price) LG GWA-4161 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)

SOUND : HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

this is It and then i will problaby buy a 19" lcd, any comments on the computer or on what monitor i should get id love to hear it.

Joey
Killerfetish

AMD's much better for gaming then Pentum for is.

MSI K8N Neo-4
AMD 64 3700+
2x1GB Corsair Value Select

Gaming on a budet

im will mostly be playing world of warcraft oni t, and i am going to Everlan soon so i will be playing more game, so do you suggest like a amd 4000, its about the same price

Re: Gaming on a budet

killerfetish said:
im will mostly be playing world of warcraft oni t, and i am going to Everlan soon so i will be playing more game, so do you suggest like a amd 4000, its about the same price
An Athlon 4000+ may be a good choice for now as it is one of the best gaming CPUs available however if you want to future proof your system then you will want a dual core CPU as games will be taking advantage of them soon. I would recommend a X2 3800+ as this is about the same price of the 4000+ and it will still run any game out at the moment with maxed settings if you have a decent video card.

yes the X2 3800+ will wipe the floor with the 4000+ when the new engines coming start being optimized for dual core.

Gaming on a budget

Which one do you think, give me everything to think about, heating issues upgradability, anything give me all of you two cents, no more like give me all of your dime, Haha, funny.

CASE : X-QPack Aluminum Mini 420Watt Case with 3 See-Thru Windows (Green Color)

CPU : (939-pin) AMD ATHLON64 X2 4400 CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

MOTHERBOARD : (Sckt939) Biostar TForce 6100-939 NVIDIA Geforce 6100 Chipset SATA PCIE All-in-One w/Video, LAN, USB2.0, &5.1Audio

MEMORY : 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair Value Select)

HARD DRIVE : 200GB Hard Drive (SATA150 - Maxtor 200GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache Hard Drive)

Optical Drive : (Special Price) LG GWA-4161 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)

Optical Drive 2 : SONY 52X CD-ROM (BLACK COLOR)

SOUND : 3D WAVE ON-BOARD 5.1 SOUND CARD

or

CASE : HOT NEW! Xplorer Mid-Tower Case 420W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display (Black Case w/Green Face)

CPU : (939-pin) AMD ATHLON64 X2 4400 CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

MOTHERBOARD : (Sckt939)EVGA nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCI-E Mainboard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio

MEMORY : 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair Value Select)

Optical Drive : SONY 52X CD-ROM (BLACK COLOR)

Optical Drive 2 : (Special Price) LG GWA-4161 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)

SOUND : HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Whatever you guys think i should do, let me know

Killerfetish: Biostar and eVGA are not good motherboard brand names. Stick with Either MSI, DFI or Gigabyte. If you plan On overclocking you will not want Value select RAM. Maxtor Harddrive are not the best in reliability, Stick to Seagate Or western Digital.

Now, Using a power supply that comes with the Case is a VERY! BAD! idea. Now, since you want to stay cheap. This power supply is very good and also Cheap.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104954
(^ 450 Watt Fortron ATX 2.0^)

We are only trying to help, yet you seem to ignore my suggestions. Even if you are on budget you can go cheaper in the optical drive and case Area to make up for these better parts that will preform better then what you listed. For exact parts and links PM Pzero he loves building computers. Looks of a computer don't really matter, what does matter is how it preforms the tasks you want it to do which is gamming.

Why it matters what you buy and why I care: Because if you go ahead and ignore my suggestions along with others, I will not help you when you post back because the "came with case Power supply" died on you and took some crap with it. Or the computer doesn't preform as well as you expected because you bought crappy parts in the first Place. If you want a computer thats good don't buy shitty parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom