identify

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAYDALOSS

In Runtime
Is there a book that has all the old and present day computers in it
and their specs.This way when i get these old computers i dont get nothing under 500 mhz Because some look like they are 500 and surprisingly they are 300

i think he asking (correct me if i'm wrong) that if he buys a PII processor system...that it's a PII 500mhz and not a PII300....

Is there a reference book that tells the specifications of all the computers.Lets say i found a old compaq model number 6566
can i open up a reference book to tell me the mhz of this computer
etc. as well as any other computer

why dont you just copy and paste the model numbers into either google and find some spec sheets on them........

Or better yet, use ebay.

Here is what i am saying. Lets say i am driving around with my car looking for old computers to fix. Now i only want 500 mhz and up But some computers look like they are 500 and up and they are under that. Now if i had a reference book on me i can check
out the model number and it will tell me what cpu is in that computer.Do you know of a easy way i can do this.Shall i go on the internet and get a listing of all the ibm models and of all the hp models and so on. IS there a book out that will be easier and has all the models and their specifications

just ask whoever you are buying it from, and if they lie, bring it back.... simple as that.

or better yet, if you want to buy it, just boot the d@mn thing up and see. Carry a copy of memtest with you, that will test the memory and tell you the CPU speed if the computer in question has no OS and the CPU speed is not listed in the BIOS/POST.

JAYDALOSS said:
Here is what i am saying. Lets say i am driving around with my car looking for old computers to fix. Now i only want 500 mhz and up But some computers look like they are 500 and up and they are under that. Now if i had a reference book on me i can check
out the model number and it will tell me what cpu is in that computer.Do you know of a easy way i can do this.Shall i go on the internet and get a listing of all the ibm models and of all the hp models and so on. IS there a book out that will be easier and has all the models and their specifications

I think you should write one. You may have a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom