Can't logon to windows (system has been shut down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishyfingers

Beta member
I'm not sure about hard ware problems but because my PC was slow and kept crashing, I tried to do do a clean installation of windows XP. Half way through I got this message

Stop: (000021a) (fatal system error)
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of Oxc000354 (OXOOOOOOOO OXOOOOOOOO)
The system has been shut down

I'm now on a friends PC, is my PC dead?

Please help, Thanks

I was doing the same thing I did on two other computers and windows installed fine. I clean installed windows xp on my friends PC just to make sure of the discs, he was going to give it away, but now it's running like new. So I pretty much knew what I was doing and I knew the discs were working fine.

On my PC...

First I did a quick Fat32 format and it worked, I installed all the basic programs (norton, microsoft office, anti spyware programs, mozilla etc.
worked fine for a day, then it crashed. I tried to recover it with the installation disc, but got that message. So I tried all the other formats, complete and quick, FAT and NTFS. I was never able to get up to the installation page after the initial reboot (approx 39mins to go page). I kept getting that message.

I havenÂ’t altered anything physically.

Devices
Primary Master 20gb
Parallel Port=LPT1,378,IRQ7

System
CPU=Celeron
CPU Speed=1700MHz

Memory
Base=640KB
Extended=223MB
Shadow=176KB
Reserved=208KB
Video=32MB
Total RAM=256MB
Cache (Ext)=128KB

I've done google on my 'fatal system error' message and the microsoft website said something about the recover console, which I can get to but I don't have a clue how to use it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom