corrupt windows root /system 32/ntoskrnl.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

kona_uk

Solid State Member
Hello,

I have a friends pc showing the following error:

File is missing or corrupt <windows root>/system32/ntoskrnl.exe please reinstall

I have a copy of the missing file from another pc, is it possible to simply copy the file over to the corrupted os/hard drive?

Thanks!

Kona

Yup, if you have a dos bootdisk, stick it in and make sure the computer is set to boot from floppy.

Then just copy the file from your disk to the system32 folder.

In case you're un-familliar with dos, this would be the command you should type to copy the file.

Code:
If he's running XP or possibly 2k:
copy a:\ntoskrnl.exe c:\windows\system32\

If he's running NT or possibly 2k :
copy a:\ntoskrnl.exe c:\winnt\system32\

kona_uk said:
Hello,

I have a friends pc showing the following error:

File is missing or corrupt <windows root>/system32/ntoskrnl.exe please reinstall

I have a copy of the missing file from another pc, is it possible to simply copy the file over to the corrupted os/hard drive?

Thanks!

Kona

that's the boot screen right? Replace it with another one with a program like style xp

The problem may not be so big.

I turned on our Windows 2000 Pro machine and got an error message, "<windows 2000>system 32\ntoskrnl.exe is corrupt or missing--Windows cannot start, please reinstall file." The machine made a soft rapid clicking noise until the POST had finished. I could not get into the BIOS. The boot diskettes would not work, either. The entire array of problems was caused by a defective keyboard. With a different keyboard the machine works just fine and all of the problems are gone. Sometimes this error message may not be so difficult to cure.

Yes, but I did not have the problem until December. There may be others like me who are looking for any and all help on this error message from any time period, no matter when the thread was active. Solid information is timeless.

home workshop said:
Yes, but I did not have the problem until December. There may be others like me who are looking for any and all help on this error message from any time period, no matter when the thread was active. Solid information is timeless.

if you found a workaround or solution to an unsolved problem, post it. that the purpose of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom