Windows messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidious1120

In Runtime
Is there anyway i can get rid of windows messenger its very annoying it always turns on when windows starts then i got msn and that going? Or can i just some how not make it start up at boot?

or If you hate Windows Messenger as much as I do and just want to get rid of it then follow these quick steps.

Click on start/My Computer/Add or remove programs/Then select Add/Remove Windows Components off to your left hand side, then uncheck Windows Messenger at the very bottom, now select next and your all done.

Im sure msmsgs.exe will be lurking around in your task manager so if you want get ridd of it from there follow these quick steps.

Start/run (you can either type or copy and paste this in the run box) press ok, and now it will ask you to restart the computer and select ok, msmsg.exe will be gone. Type this in or copy and paste it to remove it >>RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

NvidiaDude

u don't need to remove the msn messenger, because u can make not to start up at boot from the options of the msn messenger

No, msn will still haunt your machine even if you tell it not to run on boot. Removing it is the only way to ensure it never launches (a lot of MS programs, such as oulook, launch it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom