My Games Won't Run In 32 Bit Colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shure

Beta member
For a while now ive noticed that my games don't appear to be running in 32 bit colour mode. I notice in particular when a texture uses a range of shades from a single colour (e.g. dark blue to light blue), where you can see a 'banding' effect and doesn't look smooth as it should.

I've tried switching between 16 and 32bit colour and it doesnt appear to make any difference in games (using the game setup menus), they both look exactly the same. I've tried doing the same on my desktop (Windows), and you can clearly see a difference between the 2 colour ranges. So I don't seem to have any problems in 2D enviroments, just 3D (games in this case).

I've looked through the settings in the graphics card setup (Anti aliasing/texture filtering options etc), and I cant see anything that would related to this problem, i.e no colour mode options.

I've tried running games in different resolutions and updating my graphics card drivers, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I really have no idea what to do next.:confused:

Any help would be great.

Thanks

My rig;
CPU: P4 3.4
RAM: 1 Gb
GFX: ATI Radeon X850 XT PE (256mb)
HDD: 260 Gb
Monitor: Dell 1905FP (Digital) 19" TFT
GUI: Windows XP SP2

Have you checked your Direct X settings?
Type dxdiag in "run" and make sure everything is enabled for 3d.

Hope this helps.

Corey

Yes the game's support 32 bit colour mode, as it lists them in the games 'pre-launch' setup. e.g "1024 x 768 16 bit" or "1024 x 768 32 bit" etc.

I've also checked out my DirectX seting and everything is enabled and I've ran all the test with no problems.

Thanks for the replys so far

Any other ideas??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom