confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you should have to go on any lower than medium settings, especially with a gig of RAM.

ok.. lets say im able to somehow get some more money.. what would be the smartest thing to spend more money on? getting a better video card, processor, ram, etc

thanks... some more questions... first of all i dont understand something... AMD has a 3000+, 3200+, 3400+, etc. i know that those numbers tell the equivalent to the clock speed of an intel pentium 4. but how can these processors differ in speed if some are the same clock speed? for example the 3000, 3200 and 3400 are all 2Ghz.. but they are different prices and obviously different speeds. the other question is how do i know which socket i need?

So please explain to me, why he would need 512MB of RAM when he's already planning on getting 1GB. I don't quite understand where you're coming from with the extra stick of 512. He will be able to run pretty much anything with ease with 1GB of RAM and the video card you linked.

Yeah, but 1gig is average and anything beyond that is awesome. That's why I'm going to be buying two of them. I'm also going to run A LOT of new games.

I looked at he EVGA Geforce 6800GS 256 mb pci express. if i get this card... and also an amd athlon 64 processor.. what would be a motherboard that would be able to be used with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom