Baseband Member
My system:
AMD Athlon (64) 3000+
1.024 GB DDR 333
Sapphire X800 GTO (256bit, 256MD GDDR3) on an AGP 8x slot

My BF2 Settings:
Medium all the way down, 800x600 60hz.

Additional comments:
Card is huge improvment over my old Nvidia Geforce FX 5500, however I am a bit dissappointed that I could not run a few settings on high for the money I spent on the card. Whenever I set any setting to high I get lag spikes. Wasn't sure it was lag or my video settings cause it will run smooth for a second and look great ,....then get all lag-like. BF2 and HL2 are worlds apart as far as how they react to tweaks.

no , i think its that you didnt completely remove the old nVidia drivers you installed before you install the ati drivers for your new card

go to control panel > add and remove programs > find Forceware drivers and remove them.

and then reboot your computer, download ati's newest drivers, and then reboot computer again. you should be able to play at 1024 x 768 high.

OK PEOPLE I WILL TELL YOU THIS ONE MORE TIME YOU NEED 2 GIGS OF MEMORY TO RUN BF2!! ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN WITH 1GIG

IVE SEEN PEOPLE RUNNING A 7800GTX ON A FX55 WITH A GIG OF MEMORY IN DUAL CHANNEL AND THERE GETTING MEMORY LAG, IF YOU DONT BELIVE ME THEN OPEN BF2 MAX OUT THE SETTINGS AND WHEN YOUR IN GAME PLAY HIT( ctrl alt del) then look at your page file and look at how much memory u have left! yep not very much. IVE GOT THIS WITH CAPS ON BECAUSE U GUYS DONT LISTEN YOU NEED TWO GIGS! trust me i mean dude! 1gb is optimal performance OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE OPTIMAL MEANS MORE LIKE DECENT PERFORMANCE AVERAGE PERFORMANCE,

and @ (gaara) yes gaara ddr 400 will help his bandwidth but im sure hes itleast getting 4gb. and im getting 3.6gb of bandwidth and when i had 2 gigs of memory in my system i ran bf2 perfect. but now that i downgraded my memory amount to upgrade in a different spot. i get horrible memory lag in bf2,

of you want to run bf2 really good, go and buy 2gb's of memory running in dual channel. defragment your hardrive. and then try it i garuntee you that it will be gone, and im shocked that gaara after 3000 posts still didnt know this. and pp after 2000 something posts didnt either

AND NO HIS ATIX800GTO CANNOT FLASH TO X850XT HE MUST HAVE THE X800GTO(2) TO DO THIS.

Your totaly wrong. Im saying thsi from experience.
AMD Athlon2600+ XP@2.3ghz
Kingston VALUE 2700 DC 1.5gig
9800XT
All settings maxed w/ 6xAA and forced 16xAF. Thats at 1024x768@85hz. That would be my LAN machine (i apologize to the other ppl in the 9800XT thread i made, it was 1024x768 not 1280x1024)

Ok well yes your right the games do need 1.5gb of memory or else you will get memory lag with anything less. but you will be running single channel, and who wants that? i would rather be running 1gb dual channel than 1.5gb single channel, so u mine as well run 2gb dual channel. its not that expensive, you can get some low timming pc3200 memory 2gb dual channel kit for 160$ @ newegg.... some people have to run single channel like socket 754 which does not support dual channel so in that case 1.5gb would be good, but if i was in that situation i would sell my cpu lol and get a 939, OH AND PZERO LOL I SOLD MY SYSTEM HA! 650 JUST THE COMPUTER.

and if you other guys dont know what im talking about to run dual channel you need two equal memory sticks. like example( 2x 512mb stick) will run dual channel. 1gig stick with 512mb stick will not.

Well I've had my bad luck running BF2 on max settings like burned said it needs 2 gigs to run it. I have only one gig of ram in my system and the only way I can run max settings is to turn off everything I do not need in the back ground off. I have shaved it down to 22 programs running, and running BF2 without any problems. Now I didn't try the minimum amount of programs running to make sure I wasn't lagging. I'm sure you can find out. Another think I found out that was making me lag was the server I was on as well. On some servers I seen my ping jumping around and that was making me lag as well. Booyah if you want to try turning off things that you don't need running, you can do it without spending any money on it. Be warned pay close attention to what your turning off. If you don't know try to Google it. Its much better to find out what your turning off before you do something to your computer that is going to make you reboot. Hopefully it will not ruin anything. Just do your homework, if your feeling up to the task of take an hour or so to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom