confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggjoee5790

In Runtime
im looking at AMD processors and ive come across these names that im unsure of what they mean.. newcastle, barton, venice. what does this mean? can someone explain

oo so those are just ways to name them?? also im building a pc and i want it for gaming.. my total budget for the entire pc is around $700.. whats the best AMD to get... but i still need to have enough money left over for all the other parts.. the other parts dont need to be the best (cd rom drive, hard drive) im mostly worried about processor and video card

The best AMD peocessor will probably cost you more than what you have. And I'm not joking either.

lolol i know that.. i meant whats the best i can get.. if my total budget is 700.. i wanna get the best i can... leaving money for a good graphics card and all other components

Last time I checked (which was a while ago, I'm sure it's MUCH cheaper now), you could get an Athlon 64 3000+ for about $175 (US) on Newegg. I'm sure you can find it for less now.

will that processor.. with a good graphics card and 1 gig of ram be able to play intense graphical games such as doom 3 or half life 2?

Chernabog said:
For sure. Just shove in a 5500/6600/6800, and you'll be shooting up a storm.

awesome... do you think ill have to lower some of the graphic settings to avoid lag? cause i want it to run smooth.. id sacrafice a bit of graphics cause if it lags then thatll suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom