7800gt Flash To 7800gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok the 7800gt with 20 pipes is a pretty fast card, and the 7800gtx is a really fast video card. but there is a price jump between them if you notice lol so, you do get what you pay for.

but what are the chances of getting it to flash to gtx?

I heard that it took abit of luck to actually unlock the 4 pipes with rivatuner. I got the 7800GT with the copper heatsink so that i could eventually OC this to GTX speeds if i was lucky. Either way they are still great cards for the price.

so what your saying is, if you unlock with riva tunner i must always have riva tuner as a startup right? so it boots up windows and then bam! 24pipes. its really easy to overclock to gtx speeds, most of the 7800gt' hit 480 out of the box, and like 1.3ghz memory. because there rated at 2ns which is 1.2ghz

i would reccomend throwing a giant heatsink more like a cpu heatsink on the video card and then try and reach 500 mhz core
thats 10000 texiles per second !!! with like 40 something gig bandwidth

My card is awesome. 520/1170. stock cooling.

How would you go about unlocking the 4 extra pipes, if you could.

yea they got a vertext shader disabled also, **** dude i see in ur sig u had it 530mhz 1.2ghz i guess that didnt hold up lol
but 520mhz core is good.

I just changed my sig to that like 5 minutes ago. Its been at 530/1.2 for about an hour an no problems yet in BF2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom