MSI K8N Neo4-F Overclockable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSI is a good overclocking board producer, not the greatest, but they do have some rather decent over clocks on there boards..... Like mine :p But is also depends on the PSU/CPU.

I just built a 3200+ in a K8n and overclocked it to 2.2 from 2.0 and it did it without any hesitation. How high are you plannning to go? If your looking for 2.4ghz +, I would get a DFI nf4 lanparty motherboard.

Yea.... Once you start hitting a 20%-45% overclock your going to need a VERY good motherboard made by DFI... There the best of the best..... Just have to make sure your PSU has enough power to power the motherboard and CPU....

I got a 480 Antec PSU

Big Typhoon, with lapping and filling in the gaps with foam, it idles at aboue 32C. I got 3200+ venice, so I am looking at 2.4 at the most? Thank you for your post. and do you think having value ram will hold me back on overclocking my CPU.

It won't hold you back, but you will have to set memory deviders if you use value ram to keep it at stock or below stock speeds.

well i beleive u can just set the memory ratio and i beleive u can leave memory at stock corect me if im wrong without anything fance. atleast with my board i beleive i can but ive overclocked this beast to 4.00 at one time and let the board do everything and no problems whatsoever with ram and i use value so i really dont think u need memory dividers or whatever ur talking about. just maybe underclock the ram a bit.

Well where you change the timings of your ram and everything there should be something similar to Max Ram speed or something similar, At default it is either Auto, or 400(200). You set it to the next lowest being 333(166) I think thats the next lowest. That will underclock your ram, once you start the overclock though it will bring the ram back up some. Then when you hit the 400(200) mhz again go down to the next lowest speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom