Help what processor should i go with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

infiltrate

Solid State Member
Hi i made a post before about, how i want build a new pc. I came up with what i want except one thing the processor. I can't seem to see which one is the best one for me. The 5 processors are as following:

Opteron 150
Opteron 148
AMD 3800+
AMD x2 3800+
AMD 3700+

My budget is around 1000 dollars here is what i came up with so far.

Thermaltake Soprano Black (case)
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 (mobo)
XFX 6800GS (video card)
Antec Truepower II 550W (power supply)
CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB)

Thats $642.85 (with shipping, all from newegg)

I want to spend around 1050.. so what processor that is good. I will even go with a processor that is cheap, and upgrade other parts.

i just bought a x2 3800 and am very happy with it, and i hear it overclocks well also. But if your in it just for the gaming, id say a 3700 and upgrade to a 7800 gt

Im very happy with my 3700. It runs everything perfectly and i was able to overclock it a lot.

I would go with the amd athalon 64 x2, go to www.zipzoomfly.com and look at the price comparison between the 3800 and 4200, i mean if your willing to spend $1000 why not spend $40 more than that and get the best you can buy... I have read tons of reviews... and infact I'm buying one in January to go with the parts im getting for X-mas... Im getting an Asus A8v KT800 Pro and the processor plust im adding another gig of ram making it 2Gigz to run dual Channel

Is it really worth going for a dual core yet? I mean i can get a single core and it should run quite fine. But maybe i should go with the x2 3800 as now games are going to be able to take advantage of the dual core

also get the eVGA 6800GS it has better cooling on it, and a lifetime warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom