New Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyyer

Solid State Member
I just got a ViewSonic A90f+ UltraBrite 19" CRT monitor. I upgraded from a Leo 14" CRT and wasnt sure of any of the "do's" and "dont's" of newer monitors. What im trying to say is, it supports a max resolution of 1600x1200 @ 60hz but I have it set at 1280x960 @ 75 hz (I could have it at 85hz) and was wondering if having it at this setting for many many hours a day (like 12+) Would cause any overheating issues or any problems out of the norm if I had it at 1280x960 @ 85 hz? Anyone with experience have any comments for me? Thanks.

It will only take time. CRTs just degrade over time. You shouldn't see this for a really long time though. Like 4+ years or more. But if you see it rather quick something is going wrong and needs to be addressed by the manufacturer.
As is the case with all newer model of monitor (crt or LCD) they have a built in off time length, meaning that after x hours of unuse, the monitor switches off on it's own. If you mean to be on the PC for the entire time, then you may just have a computer problem (addiction?). But I have never seen a monitor overheat in all of my years, except in the case where a bunch of sawdust fell into the casement and the monitor caught fire... That was the only time...
Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom