No Screensaver??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortstop20

For some reason my screensaver doesn't work on my computer(check my sig for specs). I've messed around with everything that I can think of in the Video Card settings, Power settings, and screensaver settings and nothing seems to work. The computer won't go into sleep mode either without me making it go into sleep mode. I have the screensaver set for 3 minutes. Turn off monitor set for 25 minutes.Turn off hard disks set for 1 hour. Hybernate set for 2 hours. When I press the Sleep button on my wireless keyboard it goes into sleep mode just fine, but I can't ever get back out of sleep mode. I am also using a wireless mouse. The mouse/keyboard hub plugs into a USB port. Is it possible that I can't come out of sleep mode because the USB ports are inactive during sleep mode?:confused:

did you download a screen saver?
the downloaded ones can delete your main windows ones, or give you a virus/spyware...

There can be many reason for this. Is your mouse and keyboard directly plugged into a USB or thru a hub? Do you have your setting to allow for your mouse/keyboard to wake it form sleep? Are you sure that the screensaver wasnt corrupted when you downloaded this? Does it happen for all screensavers or just this one? How long has this been happening for?

So as you see some more questions have to be answered.
Also patience is a virtue. We will help you out ASAP. It is now 2 am where i am at. Not everyone is around at this time.

is your monitor set to standby when your screensaver is on? do you have the screensaver to go on after 5 mins?

Well I ended up reformatting my computer. Not because of the screensaver issue though. My screensaver works fine now. As does standby and sleep mode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom