Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nforce2 isn't a chipset for P4's, they are only for AMD CPU's

As far as I'm concerned the only chipsets for P4 you should consider are i865 and i875p, 865(Springdale) is the low cost mainstream chipset and 875(Canterwood) is basicly the 865, but with PAT(Performance Accelerating Technology). However most boards maker have made there on PAT technology for 865 chipsets, so if your on a budget your not losing much performance by going iwth the 865. If you've got the money though go for the i875p, IMO:rolleyes:

The RAM you got there is pretty good though look for a 2x512mb kit of RAM they sell which is a little bit cheaper;)

So... is pc4200 worth it? or is 3200 fast enough. Does RAM really make a difference in games? Especially highly detailed ones?

I really don't know for sure.....Most motherboards say they only support DDR400 modules, my Mobo is state of the art and only supports ddr400, so I think someone else needs to answer that.

More than likely your limited to DDR400. I would just buy the DDR400, cause DDR2 is on the way later this year, so don't waste your money yet:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom