wow.. someone plz help me.. i dont even understand how to xplain it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

istayongrind

Beta member
okay.. first things first.. hi everyone.

im having a pretty complicated problem with my comp. so i was having problems with my comp cuz i deleted a key registry that contained a "aedebugger" file and it started having all these pop ups from "Dr watson post mortem." basically anything i open is closed..

so i decided to do a system recovery on my harddrive. now on a sidenote i have an extra 160 gb internal that i added to my comp. and when i did a system recovery i didnt remove that internal and it was erased but my original C:/ was erased . so i when i started up my computer all my programs that i had on my comp was still installed like it was before the recovery but they dont work. and all the .exe's to install these programs was in the other 160 that go erased. so it was pointless

so i finally decided to do a full sytem recovery. and this time i removed the extra internal just because.. the full system recovery on the C:/ was succesful and my whole comp was back to factory default. so now i turned off my comp to install the extra 160 back on .. and now when i turn it on the comp is back to what it was BEFORE is did the full sytem recovery..and even the C: drive(which was initially "clean" before the shutdown) was now back to what it was BEFORE the full system recovery AGAIN..

*sighs*

so basically everytime i take out the extra the C: drive goes back to "default factory condtion" with its full memory but when i install the extra drive it goes back to what it was before..

Did you connect as slave by the jumper or by the position on the cable?
If you have the jumper set to cable select and then hook it up to the connection closest to the mobo it is being recognized as the master. The cable position does matter in this instance. On your IDE cable plug it into the mobo. the next connection up is the master. The furthest away is the slave.
Check those settings and adjust as needed.

you missed an option or something during system recovery that didn't take into account the second HDD

Just do a trace back. Jumper the master and slave drives correctly. If it doesn't say how to do that on the drive Google the HD jumper settings. The master is set at the far end of the IDE ribbon and the slave at the connector closet to the mobo. should be fine if you do that. Did you fix the problem?????

hp, compaq or sony?

reformatted or use recovery software like ontrack to recover the old data on the extra drive and put it back in.

sounds to me like you may of inadvertently installed to the storage drive the first time. Then, when you disconnected you reinstalled to the correct drive. However, since the jumper may of been wrong both drives believe they are the master drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom