if computer never shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
To repair a MBR load you XP CD into the drive and restart. Go to the recovery console and type in fixmbr. That is the command for fix master boot record. Might want to double check that. I am almost positive that is it. I havent had to do that is some time now.

I have left my PC on for almost a year now. I only restart when necessary. Aside from that, or the ocassional power outage, my PC runs 24/7. No problems or errors or anything.

As I said above, if you haven't already, do a spyware/malware scan on that puter. I had the same problem last night (one of my daughters downloaded "bargan buddy" that got by Norton and MS spyware Beta? No!!! They disabled both to download an attachment from an email which was blocked by Norton 2005 and then re-enabled both (they are both banned from my puter now and they can screw upther own!) Tried to shut down and I just sat there...Nada!!! Ran MS spyware and found the Spyware program and deleted it and cleaned the registry. This is one good reason not to leave your puter on 24/7 if you have children!!! :0

access denied said:
sorry for not make myself clear..
what i mean is my computer is not infected with any virus or spyware, but i dont want to shut down my computer and doing task.

will it damage my computer?

He already stated that he did this. There is nothing wrong with leaving your puter on 24/7 even with kids. Just create a password and when it goes to screensaver just have the option "Display welcome screen when resume" checked and they cant log in or use the PC.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom