An organiser tool or software.How difficult can it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prash78

Baseband Member
Hi,

Was wondering if you guys can help with this. I work for a small air con company and our clients have service contracts with us, which is yearly. Just before the year is up, we write to them advising them,detailing the new service and maintenance costs and giving them our new proposals. Now currently we dont have an electronic method of knowing when a contract is up for renewal so the engineering manager has been marking it all up on a board, but this takes considerable time and effort and it has been prooved to be not that accurate because he has to remember to do it or to constantly keep a check.

There's about 30-40 clients with contracts with us. So we'd be looking to have a system where it automatically tells us which ones are up for renewing, which ones have been renewed and what hasnt. I did try using outlook to do it but it seemed very longwinded and there's a lot of info we need to put into it such as job number,client name,address, how many service visits they get a year, when renew due,when last renewed.

Anyone know how i can do this? thanks

Use MicroSoft Outlook. It has a Calander and alert system for important upcoming dates already build into it. you simply set the date and mesage and the time frame you want for the alert, i.e. when the pop up message will alert you to your upcoming new contract date. :)

I think you will need a combination of two things. The reminder, calandar thing (outlook) and a database. The database will contain all the needed information, which if you print through a PDF printer can be setup like an invoce, and then when the reminder is flagged in Outlook, you attached the invoce and send it to a contact, which contains their info. The issue that I see is that either you have a full program that needs to run all the time, or you have to have two programs that can work together. The reason for contant, is due to the need for reminders. Outlook is really the best thing for this as everyone checks it everyday. (at least here) and you don't want to launch a program everyday to just chech status. That's a waste of time.

hope that helps...

Good luck

Hell, be easy to do in something like Access... or writing a asp page. Or, write something in VB using a datagrid to organize something like a SQL table. Wouldn't be hard at all. Just have a stored type procedure saved in a variable that calls to SQL favored by a date time stamp, when it retrieves that information have it dump it onto the data grid (you can sort it there, too) and manipulate it how ever you want. I have something similar to this for engine data that I created and put on my desktop. I then can sort it by alphanumeric serial number or by date. Print it as well (was a biotch for me to get the tables just perfect, but I had alot of variables that I could throw away).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom