Please Rate this system

Status
Not open for further replies.
And $6.00 can buy yourself another fan which will keep you even cooler if you're over clocking.

good point about the vid card. i'll prolly sli in the future anyways so thats prolly all i need. is the 6800 a good choice, and will it last long? also i'll make the switch to the two 512's of ram.

From what I've heard, the 6800 and 6600 are so similar, that the 6600 is the obvious choice, because it's so much cheaper. Ghost says the 5500 is even more worth the value, so maybe go with that.
But I'm not completely sure, so let someone else roger that.

dude you might want to install some extra fans. like 3 extra 80mm just for better cooling and not for overclocking its nice and helps you system from heat robbing performance.I currently run a fx-57 amd have 3 120mm fans and my case is cold inside,mostly I get it cuase I live in the desert where summer temps are in the 120's and its still hot with the AC blasting.Still looking for a freezing water cooling system for FX-57 if anybody has suggestions.

If you do get extra fans, get the steel Antec case, not the aluminum Centurion. It could get loud. Unless you find 3 REALLY awesome, quiet fans.

yeah i'm not really sure which case i should get yet, i like the centurion, but the antec is nice also. also the antec comes with a power supply, and i'd have to buy one with the centurion.

also, does a power supply have to be SLI approved to use it if i SLI?

Not too sure about that. I severely doubt it.

I'd go with the Antec, because steel is almost always the better choice over aluminum, although they're heavier, and harder to transport because of it.

yeah and the antec has an antec power supply too. the only thing i don't like about the sonata is the front door, but otherwise it looks very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom