firewall blocking, but dont no which firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxx6969

Baseband Member
Well 2day my comp decided 1 of it's firewalls just wont let a P2P prog. i use, gain acess. Now i cant find which firewall is blocking the prog. I've turned all of them off n tried it again but its still being blocked. Then my ZoneLabs keeps saying its blocking it but it never did this before. So then i shut ZoneLabs down and it still dont help. Any Suggestions?

Why are you using so many firewalls? 1 working firewall will do the trick. In the mean time, turn them all off. Does it work? If so you're right, it's the firewall, if not something else is wrong. Next turn 1 firewall on. Does it work? If it does that one's ok. Turn the next one on, does it work? When it stops working you'll have found the culprit. Have you tried this?

hey thanks for the quick reply, yea ive tried turning em all off but theres still a firewall on. is there a way i can check all my firewalls that are turned on? should i delete all my anti spy-ad ware progs for a quick min and then try it?

You dont need to do that but you should only use one firewall.I would disconnect from the internet and delete all the firewalls and reinstall the one you want.And the update it and call it good.Do you have winXP sp2 it has its own firewall also although its not very good it may be on.Go into your control panel and security and you can disable it there.And then just put on ZoneAlarm.
computer2.gif

So is there any way to check all the current firewalls my comp is running. I've done everything else but nothing seems to be working.

Yeah, you should only use one (software) firewall and if you want one (hardware) firewall. Pick one software firewall and uninstall or disable the others.

Every firewall has a function that you can assign access to internet based programs. This will create rules for each program. Sometimes what you need to do is completely clear that list. Remove every program that you are allowing to access the interent. Then do an automated search or a manual search with the firewall to find all programs that need internet access. Then allow all to have access. Apply those settings to your firewall. Then restart your PC.

That usually does the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom