CompUSA PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hey all, just picked up a CompUSA 500watt PSU, might not be the best but bound to be better then my generic 350watt with the dying fan ;) I have a 500 watt CompUSA PSU in my second PC and it says CompUSA 500 watt ATX PSU right on it, and it has 2 fans, this thing has one fan and says Norwood Micro. Looking at the voltage readings it looks to match up, but my wife said the box looked like it had been opened. Anyone know if Norwood Micro is making PSU's for CompUSA? It's like 10:15pm here and they just closed, so I'll have to call them tomorrow and make sure I got the right PSU. Figured I'd make a post and see if one of the guru gods knew ;)

80 dollars for no name psu. but there is a rebate. usually stores brand name suck, they get a company to make the stuff and then put thier name on it. what do you need it for? remeber a crappy psu can ruin your HD and other parts. but i cant comment on that psu so good luck.

Ripped off for $20? C'mon, I can't see anything $20 being worth saying RIPPED OFF. But if the PSU sucks that bad I'll take it back! In another post someone commented that CompUSA made decent PSU's so I bought it. Shrug.

I planned to use it in the PC I have posted in my sig, I'm currently running a hunk of junk 350 watter and the only fan is starting to die.

Anyone going to answer my question, Does Norwood Micro make PSU's for CompUSA?

hmm well the problem is if it sucks bad it can damage your HDs. like i said good luck.

Yeah, it's getting returned tomorrow. I didn't know it was such a hunk of junk, I'll do some research and find something better that fits my needs. The CompUSA website said it has two fans and it only has one, and I really want something with two in it... I'll look into Antec, and it seems like some higher end Rosewills had good prices and reviews on NewEgg. I'll figure something out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom