What would be a good game server to build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok i just joined a clan and they tried to get a dedicated server but the setup got messed up and they gave up on the server. I said I would volenteer to build a dedicated server because I am getting fop (Fiber On The Premesis) and It is suppose to be great, or atleast alot better than cable around here. Also I would have a combined of 3k. So my question is could I build a really good server that i could also game on and host a dod:s server (Day of Defeat : Source). I might also want to try to host a dedicated server for my friend's bf2 clan but that's not my main concern. Should I just build two sperate pc's? Like a 1k server and a 2k gaming computer. Also I will need speakers, monitor, and keyboard. I already have a headset, but I want the speakers for music.

Well if you can't game and serve at the same time without it being slow.... You don't need an uber fast computer to make a server.... I would build two computers....

For servers, get dual core opteron, 2gb of ECC RAM and a set of 10k rpm scsi hard drives in RAID 5.

Like 003 said for the server, A dual core opteron, 2-3 GB of ECC ram, and I would go with 2 raptors and a 200 GB hard drive also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom