Reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickness

In Runtime
So I've got this build that I've been working on for the past couple months, changing and adding things when I find it necessary to do so. I havn't yet bought anything yet, mostly waiting for things to go on sale and until I find a buyer for my notebook.

My question is would it be reasonable to buy a WD Raptor 36.7GB hard drive and install Windows XP on it? XP only takes up a max of 6 or 7 GBs, right? Well, would it be safe to install Photoshop/Dreamweaver/iTunes on the Raptor also and use my other two hard drives, 2x 120GB SATA, for games/movies/episodes/music?

I wish WD made a 10 or 20 GB Raptor. That would be perfect for an OS.

If you have the money then you could do it to get slightly faster load times. I would put my OS and any of my favorite games and most used programs on it.

Would the extra money be worth the faster load times tho? I've heard a lot of nice things about those Raptors.

sickness said:
My question is would it be reasonable to buy a WD Raptor 36.7GB hard drive and install Windows XP on it? XP only takes up a max of 6 or 7 GBs, right? Well, would it be safe to install Photoshop/Dreamweaver/iTunes on the Raptor also and use my other two hard drives, 2x 120GB SATA, for games/movies/episodes/music?

Yeah, why wouldn't it be safe? I have my OS and apps on one older 20-something GB drive (7200RPM/8MB cache), my games on a seperate 40-something GB drive, and my movies/images/eps/music on various higher capacity external drives. Works great for me... and I haven't knocked over or stepped on anything expensive in almost two years. :)

I've got a WD Raptor 74GIG 10K RPMS

I've used it for WIN XP and other system apps.
I also use it for intensive programs & games.

I still have 25GIG's free. I keep the disc defragged and clean.

Everything else I install or store on either my 500GIG RAID 0 or on my other 250GIG HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom